Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Dave Millman

Default Lighting Timer Recommendations ??

WhiskerFish wrote:

Am building a hood with 4 lighting sources and a fan for a 4 foot 55
gal fresh water tank. I am looking for a timer that will afford me
flexibility ( individual circuit control for 6 outlets ) and
longevity. Any recommendations out there??

After monkeying with this for weeks, I decided that I only needed two
circuits:

* Circuit 1: 110 watts. On 9:30 am, off 9:30 pm
* Circuit 2: 110 watts. On 10am, off 10pm

If you want to control a CO2 solenoid, put it on circuit 1.

Fans are not necessary for my setup. Adequate ventilation keeps things
cool. Take a look at the wide cooling slots in the AH Supply hoods to see
how they do it.