Old 20-09-2011, 12:07 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog View Post
Free Leylandii clippings, just come and cut your own
Is this the worst garden pest of all time?
I wouldn't have thought so. It causes annoyance to neighbours if not kept within bounds, but it hasn't shown any sign of escaping into the wild or harming wildlife - indeed goldcrests rather like nesting in its dense foliage.

There's much better candidates for the title, for example Japanese Knotweed, or one of the many water plants that have been sold for garden ponds and are now clogging up our waterways - Azolla for example.