Old 22-09-2011, 09:59 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.holmes View Post
I was absolutely astonished to find that the early raspberry plants are producing new fruit, do you think they will ripen?
That ordepens on the weather, which I will not dare to predict. However whilst they may well turn red and soften, and have a lovely raspberry flavour, they will likely be a lot less sweet than ones ripened in the summer, is my experience of later raspberries. So more useful for jam, desserts made up with sugar, etc, than eating straight off the spoon. One year the frosts held off long enough that I picked some raspberries in December.