Old 23-09-2011, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Question on strawberry and gooseberry

Dave Hill wrote:
If you leave the moving till spring then you will reduce next years
crop, if you can move them this month they will do much better next
year as they will have time to settle in and get rooting before the
winter comes.

I will give that some thought, thanks Dave. Althugh I'm hoping I'll still
be getting a crop from the 'old' ones for next year, since I'm only digging
up a row at a time and improving the soil slowly (with beans this year!).
Mind you, this year's crop was poor. :-(