Old 24-09-2011, 01:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Cold Summer

In article ,
Derald wrote:

Nad wrote:

Cold summer? Not here.

Here, too. I haven't checked the stats but this summer has seemed pretty
normal to me. Certainly had rainfall amounts closer to normal than in past
few
years. Overnight lows have begun to moderate a bit (74° F last night). I
noticed
the neighbor's tomatoes are holding their blossoms and my new store-bought
fall
tomato plants have begun to blossom, too. Daytime highs are still up there,
though (90° F today).

Our weather was very nice for living, but not for gardening. No point in
mentioning it when the rest of the country was baking in the heat.
Things like Oklahoma City's 51 straight days of 100-degree heat which
broke a 31-year record. Seems like the temps dropped to 99F for a day,
and then shot back into the 100's. At least we got our 100 days between
the grapes flowering and harvest.

Read mo
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tys-51-days-10
0-degree-heat-breaks-31-year-record.html#ixzz1YpIV8g3x
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis