Old 26-02-2003, 07:40 PM

Default [IBC] Omigod Department

As part of two Introduction to Bonsai packages I am assembling for a Syracuse
Jewish Family Service auction, I am including two copies of Bonsai for
Beginners by Craig Coussins, donated by Borders (patronize them; Barnes &
Noble & Waldenbooks wouldn't give me the time of day). However, while leafing
through it, I found a picture of a Scots pine in its native territory with
the caption, "Pine branches point upward, except at the tip, which points
down." What?! In the Northeast US, all the lower branches on pine trees point
down & the tips point up, because of the heavy load of snow, even on what we
call Scotch pines. I hastily penned in a little explanation. Remember that
big argument we had a few years ago about the triangles?
Iris
"You must have a goal. Then you will know when you've failed."
Garfield

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++