Old 25-09-2011, 05:15 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Beverly Erlebacher Beverly Erlebacher is offline

Default Bottle-wash Plant

In article ,
Khalid Siddiqui wrote:
At the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens in Kandy, Sri Lanka I was shown
two species of flowers called Bottle-wash plants -- one red and the
other one yellow. They, indeed, looked like the old-time feeding
bottle washers. I could not find their scientific/botanical names on
the Internet. I will appreciate if some one will help me with this.
Thanks.
Khalid R. Siddiqui, MD.

I've seen a tropical plant called a bottle brush plant, but I don't know
its botanical name. Perhaps searching under 'bottle brush plant' will
help you find it. Let us know what happens.