Old 26-09-2011, 05:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Green Tomatoes

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:28:29 -0700 (PDT), Gunner
wrote:

On Sep 21, 1:56*am, Potman wrote:
Has anyone got any ideas of what to do with green tomatoes. I've got a
bucket load and I don't think I can deal with that much chutney.

--
Potman

Curious as to if these are actual green tomatoes or just immature
reds?

I hope he meant immature tomatoes--- Just ran across this page this
morning- 5 recipes for
Green Tomato And Pimento Cheese Biscuits, Fried Green Tomatoes With
Shrimp Remoulade, Green Tomato Pickle, and Spaghetti With Green
Tomatoes; and some more in the comments-
http://www.npr.org/2011/08/30/140036...f-summer-bonus

The biscuit recipe inspired me to try chopping some up and adding them
to the vegan cheesey breadsticks I'm making later.

Jim