Old 27-09-2011, 10:40 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra Tingle View Post
.
Newsgroups are such a thing of the past these days your average internet blogger is not expecting to come across them unless they are specifically seeking them out, which I wasn't.
You didn't need to seek out the information - it's written across the heading of the Gardenbanter site!!

And looking at a "sticky" which is the first post on a forum is good practice and good etiquette (and widespread across forums), especially one that is clearly labelled as to be read before you make your first post. I dislike being criticised for lack of netiquette by someone who is selective in their adherence to it.

But thanks for not top-posting on your most recent post :-)

Quote:
I have not in the past and will probably not in the future enter a forum that somehow ends up on a newsgroup.
Wrong way round. It's the newsgroup that ends up on a forum.
Quote:

And if I even realised my post on a forum would end up on a newsgroup, what is so wrong with that in the first place? How could I or anyone else assume that is "wrong" and would be unwelcomed?
What is unwelcomed it that urg posts end up on a forum.

Quote:
I am not the person to blame for how the system is set up with gardenbanter nor is any other unsuspecting blogger.
No, you're not, and urglers have said that in this thread.

Quote:
But once again, I would encourage this group to start their own actual forum and you will then be able to control who is a member and who is allowed to post.
Urg has been running for around 15 years, and many of us have been here all that time. We prefer the easier reading format that you have with newreading software, and have already rejected running a moderated newsgroup.