Old 28-09-2011, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Green Tomatoes

On Sep 26, 3:47*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:28:29 -0700 (PDT), Gunner
wrote:

On Sep 21, 1:56 am, Potman wrote:
Has anyone got any ideas of what to do with green tomatoes. I've
got a bucket load and I don't think I can deal with that much
chutney.

--
Potman

Curious as to if these are actual green tomatoes or just immature
reds?

I hope he meant immature tomatoes--- Just ran across this page this
morning- 5 recipes for
Green Tomato And Pimento Cheese Biscuits, Fried Green Tomatoes With
Shrimp Remoulade, Green Tomato Pickle, and Spaghetti With Green
Tomatoes; *and some more in the comments-
http://www.npr.org/2011/08/30/140036...an-end-of-summ...

The biscuit recipe inspired me to try chopping some up and adding them
to the vegan cheesey breadsticks I'm making later.

Jim

Tomatoes come in many colours but I haven't seen one that stayed green all
over when ripe. *If anybody knows of such a cultivar say on.

David

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/green.htm