Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default Garden Treasure

On 01/10/2011 20:13, 'Mike' wrote:
Talking with a friend today, he told me of some old coins found in a garden
somewhere, apparently one was dated 43 BC and could be worth quite a bit.
What is the best, most valuable/interesting you have found in your garden?

I feel sure some members of this newsgroup/forum would just HAVE to go one
better than that, 42BC ? ;-)

Don't you mean 44BC?

In our last garden, while digging a pond we found a large cylindrical
object, about two feet radius and at least four feet long, but hadn't
uncovered the end(s) before calling the police in case it was a bomb.

They decided it wasn't a bomb and continued digging to reveal the ends.
They guessed it was a small ship's funnel.

--
Best regards,
Ms Fish