Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden Treasure

Talking with a friend today, he told me of some old coins found in a garden
somewhere, apparently one was dated 43 BC and could be worth quite a bit.
What is the best, most valuable/interesting you have found in your garden?

I feel sure some members of this newsgroup/forum would just HAVE to go one
better than that, 42BC ? ;-)

Mike

Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/10/2011 20:13, 'Mike' wrote:
Talking with a friend today, he told me of some old coins found in a garden
somewhere, apparently one was dated 43 BC and could be worth quite a bit.
What is the best, most valuable/interesting you have found in your garden?

I feel sure some members of this newsgroup/forum would just HAVE to go one
better than that, 42BC ? ;-)

Don't you mean 44BC?

In our last garden, while digging a pond we found a large cylindrical
object, about two feet radius and at least four feet long, but hadn't
uncovered the end(s) before calling the police in case it was a bomb.

They decided it wasn't a bomb and continued digging to reveal the ends.
They guessed it was a small ship's funnel.

--
Best regards,
Ms Fish
Old 02-10-2011, 02:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

Talking with a friend today, he told me of some old coins found in a
garden somewhere, apparently one was dated 43 BC and could be worth
quite a bit. What is the best, most valuable/interesting you have
found in your garden?

I feel sure some members of this newsgroup/forum would just HAVE to go
one better than that, 42BC ? ;-)

Mike

I can go 2052 or so times better than that if I look in the loose change
jar. Beaky, you really are a prick!

Baz
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 1, 8:13*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
Talking with a friend today, he told me of some old coins found in a garden
somewhere, apparently one was dated 43 BC and could be worth quite a bit.
What is the best, most valuable/interesting you have found in your garden?

I feel sure some members of this newsgroup/forum would just HAVE to go one
better than that, 42BC ? ;-)

I found half a crown, also a flint arrowhead. Dunno how old it is.
But pre-Roman. Whoever lost that arrowhead must have been pretty
****ed off. Days of work I should think making it.

BCE I though it was now to please our raghead friends in the BBC?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 8:13 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
Talking with a friend today, he told me of some old coins found in a
garden
somewhere, apparently one was dated 43 BC and could be worth quite a bit.
What is the best, most valuable/interesting you have found in your garden?

I feel sure some members of this newsgroup/forum would just HAVE to go one
better than that, 42BC ? ;-)

I found half a crown, also a flint arrowhead. Dunno how old it is.
But pre-Roman. Whoever lost that arrowhead must have been pretty
****ed off. Days of work I should think making it.

BCE I though it was now to please our raghead friends in the BBC?
.................................................. .........................

Half a crown!!! I know of someone who got into a rage over a lost penny, how
would he feel losing 30 times that much ? ;-)

Mike

Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"harry" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 8:13 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
Talking with a friend today, he told me of some old coins found in a
garden
somewhere, apparently one was dated 43 BC and could be worth quite a bit.
What is the best, most valuable/interesting you have found in your
garden?

I feel sure some members of this newsgroup/forum would just HAVE to go
one
better than that, 42BC ? ;-)

I found half a crown, also a flint arrowhead. Dunno how old it is.
But pre-Roman. Whoever lost that arrowhead must have been pretty
****ed off. Days of work I should think making it.

BCE I though it was now to please our raghead friends in the BBC?
.................................................. ........................

Half a crown!!! I know of someone who got into a rage over a lost penny,
how would he feel losing 30 times that much ? ;-)

In my garden I found a black plastic disc with a hole in it. Is this a
record?

Steve

Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 10:38:19 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

In my garden I found a black plastic disc with a hole in it. Is this a
record?

LOL.

On my plot I have found a gold ring circa 1974, a silver plated spoon,
about 4 £1 coins, about 40p in pennies, some half pence coins and an
old big penny but can't see the date on that.
Tons of old bits of pots and a lot of old beer cans.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 02-10-2011, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Amanda" wrote ...

'Mike' wrote:
Talking with a friend today, he told me of some old coins found in a
garden
somewhere, apparently one was dated 43 BC and could be worth quite a bit.
What is the best, most valuable/interesting you have found in your
garden?

I feel sure some members of this newsgroup/forum would just HAVE to go
one
better than that, 42BC ? ;-)

Don't you mean 44BC?

In our last garden, while digging a pond we found a large cylindrical
object, about two feet radius and at least four feet long, but hadn't
uncovered the end(s) before calling the police in case it was a bomb.

They decided it wasn't a bomb and continued digging to reveal the ends.
They guessed it was a small ship's funnel.

Our last allotment seemed full of glass marbles and bits of old clay pipe
with the occasional stone age flint knife turning up. Lots of oyster shells
too, used instead of lime?
Present plot it's just stones although I did dig up a complete old bottle
when we just started on it.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Treasure! Kathy United Kingdom 40 07-01-2012 11:45 AM
Garden Door in Door County Wisconsin Garden Door 07 Garden Angel in Watering Can.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 31-07-2009 11:01 PM
P. Baldan's Kaleidoscope 'Golden Treasure' BruceM Orchids 3 14-06-2007 08:42 PM
Phal Baldan's Kalaiedoscope 'Golden Treasure' AMAOS V_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 30-03-2007 11:36 PM
New on line CONCRETE TREASURE store Pixie Stone Soup Gardening 0 04-11-2003 06:02 PM