Old 02-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Greenveg Greenveg is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
Greenveg wrote:
Hi again,
I am having a second crop of my strawberries (Cambridge Favourite).
The fruit is quite large and healthy looking, but when I press the
fruit it feels a bit squashy, and doesn't have much of a strawberry
smell. The first crop in June was fine, I even made jam for the first
time. Are these second crop strawberries OK to eat.

What do you suppose might be harmful about them?

I don't think that they are harmful. They just don't look as appealing as the first crop, and it got me wondering.