Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenveg View Post
Hi again,
I am having a second crop of my strawberries (Cambridge Favourite). The fruit is quite large and healthy looking, but when I press the fruit it feels a bit squashy, and doesn't have much of a strawberry smell. The first crop in June was fine, I even made jam for the first time. Are these second crop strawberries OK to eat.
Hi Greenveg, yes, they will be fine but maybe not as much flavour as the june crop ? Try sprinkling them with some balsamic vinegar, it will maximise the flavour.
Lannerman.