Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leylandii Shreddings

"echinosum" wrote in message

"'Mike'[_4_ Wrote:
;938460"]I am taking a specimen Leylandii down and most of it is going
through the shredder.

Question. Will it harm the compost to mix large quantities in? I so what

proportion of mix would anyone recommend?

Leylandii is very acidic and very slow to break down. So the answer on
what proportion to mix in is "not very much." When I've put some in my
compost bin, I've found it barely altered 3 years later. I take it all
to the tip these days, where they can deal with it.

If you have a big enough garden so as not be a nuisance, I'd burn it.