Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nad Nad is offline

Default Some Spring for you

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
This is for all those northern hemisphere people who are getting grumpy
because the frost is coming (or arrived already) and their tomatoes are
still green. It is for those not looking forward to being indoors
reading seed catalogs for the next 5 months worrying about fuel bills.

It features blossoms, new life and includes some nubile ladies and a
hairy young male wriggling naked in the clover as our many of our
forebears were wont to do at this time of year.

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/...Spring%202011/

David

Hmmm... I am not one of those, I am looking forward to winter. Fall has
just now arrived. It is unusually warm here, not a single frost yet! All, I
mean all of my flowers are still in bloom. The trees are just now starting
to change colors. Soon the leaves will fall big time. I would say we are
about three weeks behind normal.

I enjoy the four seasons. Just when you get tired of the same old thing,
things start to change. In the Fall one can star gaze without bundling up
too much and still get lots of sleep at night because it is getting darker
earlier. I have about twenty good size pumpkins growing for halloween
decorations. Apple Cider and donuts are now flowing at mills. Halloween is
my favorite holiday. The costume dance parties, haunted houses, corn field
mazes, hay rides, cool weather, Apple Cider and Pumpkin Pie.

I prepay for the fuel bill, the pantry is well stocked and so is the
freezer. This week I will remove the window screens, put in the glass
windows, remove the water hoses and store the patio furniture. For me
winter is the Math and physics season, exercising the mind, learn and see
how the universe works.

--
Enjoy Life... Nad