Old 14-10-2011, 08:51 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
On 14/10/2011 14:51, David WE Roberts wrote:
Just to note that I still have loads of trusses and the outdoor tomatoes
(mainly cherry) are still ripening.
The self sown cherry tomatoes from the previous year are also still
producing, although they were left completely to their own devices.

There have been signs of blight, but removal of virtually all the leaves
seems to have kept this in check.

Dire warnings for future weather but at the moment it is glorious in
Suffolk.

Cheers

Dave R

On the same lines my courgettes are still producing, taking a little
longer to grow, but still flowering. Cannot remember them lasting as
long previous years.
Everything has packed up here (yorks) - and that's in a greenhouse. Courgettes are still flowering, but the fruits aren't developing far before rotting, and cucumbers have just stopped growing. Tomatoes are still growing, but whereas a week or so ago I was having them for lunch, then cooking with them in the evening, I'm now having to wait for a few more to ripen.

Meanwhile outside the mulberry has almost stopped fruiting, and a lot of the fruits still on the tree are turning mouldy.

It's as if everything has said "right, that's the equinox over. It's winter. Stop growing"