Old 15-10-2011, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Borlotti Beans

In article ,
says...

echinosum wrote:
Should I pick them and allow them to dry indoors, or pod them like peas
then allow them to dry?

Pick them, pod them, and dry them indoors.

Hmm, I'd agree to drying indoors, but would leave them in the pods to dry,
as I've foudn they discolour if you pod them first. Have you had success
with them drying outside of the pod?

Yes, on the plants. Quite a few have dried very well. I picked them and
left them in the garage for a week to finish drying before podding them.
I've a few picked and drying at the moment, I put them in the greenhouse
during the day when its warm, but indoors overnight. The rest will be
picked today in the sunshine!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales