Old 16-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Benlannoy Benlannoy is offline
Registered User

Location: Liphook, hampshire

Hi!

I've got most of names written down in order, hopefully this helps!

1. Pyracantha - soleil d'or
2. Choisya Ternata
3. Olearia Hastii
4. Photinia 'Red Robin'
5. Abelia x grandiflora
6. Rhododendron (not sure which without flower colour)
7. Arbutus Unedo (strawberry tree) one of my favourites!
8. Escallonia rubra (possibly macrantha)

I'm pretty certain on all of these so this should answer your question, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
Hi all

I've just bought my first proper house with garden, and whilst I have no experience at all of proper gardening I'm really going to make an effort to get to know my garden and do it properly.

One of my main stumbling blocks is not knowing what's in the garden already. There are some plants I've been able to identify but some I'm really not sure about. Would be really great if you experienced types could help me out getting started! Below are some photos of plants I'm not quite sure about... any leads?

Apologies - I can't seem to link in images in this post so I'll link them as separate images.

1. http://cdn-3-service.phanfare.com/im...6c8c82668eaa_1

My mother in law thinks this might be Cataniasta?

2. http://cdn-3-service.phanfare.com/im...f076fbb5b23e_1

Not a clue!

3. http://cdn-3-service.phanfare.com/im...ed8477635dc9_1

Sorry, a little blurry! I think this had pink, small flowers at the end of summer.

4. http://cdn-3-service.phanfare.com/im...17f4464d4582_1

This seems to be growing at the foot of a birch tree. No idea what it is.

5. http://cdn-3-service.phanfare.com/im...271afeb25b39_1

These flowers were pink a couple of weeks ago.

6. http://cdn-3-service.phanfare.com/im...5a849ccf4b37_1

Is this a camelia?

7. http://cdn-3-service.phanfare.com/im...9a338c37afb0_1

This is quite a large shrub - maybe 2m high.

8. http://cdn-3-service.phanfare.com/im...93580a413554_1

Not sure what this is. Should I be worried about the yellow leaves? I pruned it back recently, so looked a little more bushy recently.