Old 17-10-2011, 05:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
Who_me? Who_me? is offline

Default Tree removal

On 17/10/2011 12:03 PM, wrote:
I've heard about ring-barking but that's a little too obvious for my
purposes. How can I kill a small, maybe 2 year-old, tree
surreptitiously in the dead of night. There's no surrounding
vegetation but whatever has to be done can't be an airborne spray nor
something obvious nor something that would injure other people (like
explosives). Ideally we're talking about an easily-available
swiftly-degradable poison. How about just plain boiling water into the
roots, or lacquer thinner, or alcohol?

It sounds as though you are trying to **** someone off.

Killing any vegetation isn't hard, there are all sorts of chemicals
designed for exactly that purpose - without going to the extent of Agent
Orange. The various highway and main roads departments use them all the
time to control undergrowth adjoining roadways.

You could always hitch it to the back of your car and simply tow it out
of the ground. That's always fun.