Old 17-10-2011, 06:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tree removal

wrote:
I've heard about ring-barking but that's a little too obvious for my
purposes. How can I kill a small, maybe 2 year-old, tree
surreptitiously in the dead of night. There's no surrounding
vegetation but whatever has to be done can't be an airborne spray nor
something obvious nor something that would injure other people (like
explosives). Ideally we're talking about an easily-available
swiftly-degradable poison. How about just plain boiling water into the
roots, or lacquer thinner, or alcohol?

A litre of good malt whisky will do it, try Laphroaig.

That's for you not the tree, so you get more mellow and stop wanting to kill
trees that belong to other people.