Old 18-10-2011, 08:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default plant identification

In article
,
Ono wrote:

On Oct 18, 12:33*am, Amos Nomore wrote:
In article
,

*Ono wrote:
Hello

This is a first time for me to ask for a help to identify a plant in
my garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22843067n00/6249703454/

Mexican Milkweed, Asclepias curassavica.

thank you for your quick responce.
And now ive found out another names, such as 'bloodflower', 'scarlet
milkweed' for this plant
thru some searching on the net.
i wonder if these names have been also familiar with American people.

I live in the American Southwest and most folks around here call it
Mexican milkweed or Mexican butterfly weed. In California I purchased
it as tropical milkweed. It attracts butterflies better than anything.