Old 17-10-2011, 03:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default plant identification

Hello

This is a first time for me to ask for a help to identify a plant in
my garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22843067n00/6249703454/

The reason that i dont know its flower name is that i made it grown
from the seeds i got
a couple of years ago while i was enjoying some walk near my office
after a lunch.
A good point of this plant is that it has a long period of flowering.
it is so good to see any plant to have flowers in a small place of my
veranda
in a lengthly period of time while i don't see many plants to flower.

Thanks in advance.

Ono@tokyo
Old 17-10-2011, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Ono wrote:

Hello

This is a first time for me to ask for a help to identify a plant in
my garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22843067n00/6249703454/

Mexican Milkweed, Asclepias curassavica.
Old 18-10-2011, 04:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Oct 18, 12:33*am, Amos Nomore wrote:
In article
,

*Ono wrote:
Hello

This is a first time for me to ask for a help to identify a plant in
my garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22843067n00/6249703454/

Mexican Milkweed, Asclepias curassavica.

thank you for your quick responce.
And now ive found out another names, such as 'bloodflower', 'scarlet
milkweed' for this plant
thru some searching on the net.
i wonder if these names have been also familiar with American people.

Ono
Old 18-10-2011, 08:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,

*Ono wrote:
Hello

This is a first time for me to ask for a help to identify a plant in
my garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22843067n00/6249703454/

Mexican Milkweed, Asclepias curassavica.

thank you for your quick responce.
And now ive found out another names, such as 'bloodflower', 'scarlet
milkweed' for this plant
thru some searching on the net.
i wonder if these names have been also familiar with American people.

I live in the American Southwest and most folks around here call it
Mexican milkweed or Mexican butterfly weed. In California I purchased
it as tropical milkweed. It attracts butterflies better than anything.
Old 20-10-2011, 02:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10月18日, 午後4:04, Amos Nomore wrote:
In article
,

*Ono wrote:
Hello

This is a first time for me to ask for a help to identify a plant in
my garden.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22843067n00/6249703454/

Mexican Milkweed, Asclepias curassavica.

thank you for your quick responce.
And now ive found out another names, such as 'bloodflower', 'scarlet
milkweed' for this plant
thru some searching on the net.
i wonder if these names have been also familiar with American people.

I live in the American Southwest and most folks around here call it
Mexican milkweed or Mexican butterfly weed. *In California I purchased
it as tropical milkweed. *It attracts butterflies better than anything.

Thanks for ur sharing.

Here in my veranda ive never seen any butterfly not only upon the
milkweed but also upon any plant i own this year
except little black aunts. Maybe ive been hanging some screens over my
veranda throughout the year, so butterflies and bees couldnt see well
of my butterfly weed.

Ono