Old 20-10-2011, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Today's Tip

"Moonraker" wrote ...

Rog wrote:

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

I would, but I put mine seedlings outside (first true leaves just
established) to water, forgot about them for 1/2 day, when I went to them
the blasted wood pidgins had scoffed the lot! :-((

We found last year the Whitefly overwintered on our Spring Cabbages and then
infected our main brassicas as soon as we planted them. Won't be doing that
again.
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK