Old 20-10-2011, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Today's Tip

On 20/10/2011 19:41, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote ...

Rog wrote:

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

I would, but I put mine seedlings outside (first true leaves just
established) to water, forgot about them for 1/2 day, when I went to
them the blasted wood pidgins had scoffed the lot! :-((

We found last year the Whitefly overwintered on our Spring Cabbages and
then infected our main brassicas as soon as we planted them. Won't be
doing that again.

I've had a plague of whitefly in the garden for the first time this
year. I notice they are currently setting up winter home on the runner
beans and garden cress in anticipation of some tasty brassicas in Spring.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.