Old 20-10-2011, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Pumpkins

On 2011-10-20, Dave Hill wrote:

On Oct 20, 1:51Â*pm, "Bertie Doe" wrote:

I grew 4 pumpkin plants this year and limited each plants to one fruit. The
3 that have turned a nice yellow have been lifted, but all 4 are quite
small, probably 1/3rd the weight of the parent. These were seed saved from a
monster purchased from Morrisons last October. Puzzling as the soil is good
and they were fed 3 times on Growmore.- Hide quoted text -

The trade reports this year say that pumpkins are smaller than normmal
due to the weather.
Dont wory, it's not just you.

Well, we ended up with one pumpkin this year (an improvement over last
year), and it looks like a somewhat squashed marrow: it's even mostly
marrow-striped, with a small slightly orange patch on the underside.