Old 21-10-2011, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Coffee grounds ?

I've been doing some work for a local coffee shop , and have been offered
as much used coffee grounds as I'd care to drag home ...I've read somewhere
that they make excellent worm food and can be used as a fertilizer on my
garden , but I have no idea how much is enough , and how much would be too
much .
So , is there a rule of thumb or any kind of guide for this application ?
When we were kids we used a 5 gal bucket buried about 3/4 in the ground and
filled with burlap sacking as a worm farm . We used Dad's grounds as food ,
got some very healthy and active worms , and had repeat business from the
local fisherfolk ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps