Old 23-10-2011, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
j[_2_] j[_2_] is offline

Default University Project - Survey Required Please Help

Matt_UniStudent wrote:

snip

The best answer is "When it is needed" which for any garden depends on
the time of year and weather. Look up 'evapotranspiration'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evapotranspiration

You had previously mentioned trimming back foliage to cut down on water
loss and that has gotten me thinking about my hydrangeas.

The Oak Leaf is well established and does well, but my regular old
hydrangea often has droopy leaves. It's in a shady protected spot with
little direct sun, and has been in for a few years, but this need for
water persists.

Should I thin it out, or do you have any other suggestions?

With water over 2 cents/gallon, I'm in a water conservation mode.

Jeff
Atlanta, Piedmont 7B

In my case the frequency would vary from 3 days to 90 days. But if
people know that and live in that sort of climate your product has no
market. But this is a well trodden path you are going down so nothing
new there.

David