Old 24-10-2011, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default 2 climbers need ID

On 10/23/11 12:57 PM, Amber123 wrote:
Hi,
I am new here and I hope you can help me to solve mystery of 2 climber
plants I have in my garden. I have 'inherited' both of them from the
former house owner and unfortunately they were cut severely in early
spring by a builder working on fence repairs. I think this is the reason
why none of them flowered in the summer. I am sending pictures attached
- maybe you will be able to identify them? They seem to have recovered
quite well and spread on the fence. I wonder if I should keep them or
replace with other climber of my choice?

|Filename: DSC_0984a.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14473|
|Filename: DSC_0988a.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14474|

The second one (14474) might be wisteria. Wisteria is a very vigorous
climber. Someone planted one about 50 miles east of me. Soon, it
covered his house. With permission from his neighbors, it eventually
covered five adjacent houses. Now the town has an annual wisteria
festival. Go to the following Google search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=wisteria+%22sierra+madre%22&hl=en.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see