Old 24-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Anya Anya is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Azalea - HELP! Brown edges on flowers and leaves!!!

Hi all

I have a passion for azaleas but somehow they do not seem to survive with me. I recently bought a one lovely bicoloured azalea ( house plant in a pot) which i simply adore, I recreated its conditions to my best ability, indirect sun, water ( standing after a boil) and fertilize.
However, a few weeks ago its edges started to brown, and this appeared not only on the older flowers but on the new blooms that have not opened yet. At first i thought it was a drainage problem and reading up on the internet I stopped watering it too much , but it seems not have worked as the leaves started to look "sad". So then I started to water it plenty again and has done a "full submersion" in the water - no change.

Nothing seems to work and its just going worse and worse and worse....

I also noticed something on the bottom of the leaf when i bought it and here is a picture.

And here what it looked like when i bought it.

If anyone can help me, please , as I love it and do not want to to die.