Old 24-10-2011, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Re-designing a garden kneeler

PhilV wrote:
Hi all, I'm re-designing a garden kneeler for my final year of Product
Design at University. Please can you let me know of any improvements/
problems you see with current kneelers, or things they don't do that
you'd like them too. Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated,
thanks. ps- feel free to think outside the box!

It needs a drink holder. If ride-on mowers have drink holders so should all
garden equipment. Preferably one that keeps your beer cool.

And a help button. You press it and somebody comes to help you. Useful if
your back goes and you can't get up or if your beer runs out.

If going this far some kind of "Trucker's Friend" could be installed so that
you don't need to get up and walk to the lemon tree after the fourth beer.
Maybe it could be configured so that it operates after the more-beer button
has been pressed n number of times, not just four. There might need to be
two versions. But wait! Perhaps instead you could design an evertable
adaptor - one size fits all so to speak.

Imagine the scene at the community gardens, rows of little plots being
tended by elderlies all on *your* kneelers. Moments of tension passing
across their wrinkly anxious faces followed by bliss and relief as each
Kneeler's Friend reaches its functional threshold. Aaaahhhhhhhh!

I'm getting to like this designing outside the box.