Old 25-10-2011, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default 2 climbers need ID

On 24/10/2011 19:46, Amos Nomore wrote:
In ,
wrote:

On 10/23/11 12:57 PM, Amber123 wrote:
Hi,
I am new here and I hope you can help me to solve mystery of 2 climber
plants I have in my garden. I have 'inherited' both of them from the
former house owner and unfortunately they were cut severely in early
spring by a builder working on fence repairs. I think this is the reason
why none of them flowered in the summer. I am sending pictures attached
- maybe you will be able to identify them? They seem to have recovered
quite well and spread on the fence. I wonder if I should keep them or
replace with other climber of my choice?

|Filename: DSC_0984a.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14473|
|Filename: DSC_0988a.jpg |
|Download:
|http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=14474|

The first looks like Campsis radicans.

It does look like a Campsis to me, too.

If so, be aware that Campsis can be invasive. It spreads underground
far from the main plant, suddenly appearing in lawns, borders, paths,
and even through weedproof membranes.

--

Jeff