Old 27-10-2011, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Horse raddish

On 27/10/2011 11:43, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 27/10/2011 10:07, harry wrote:
On Oct 26, 6:58 pm, Dave wrote:
If anyone is wanting Horse Raddish then Morrisons are selling cling
film wraped roots which will propagate well, I bought one around 4
weeks ago and now have 14 very healthy young plants comming along.
David

You'll be sorry about that..........

Out of interest, is that based on your experience? Umpteen years ago I
dug up some horseradish and tried to grow it some in pots. It didn't do
at all well. Maybe it was too dry.

I can't say that I've seen it when walking in the country. Its large
leaves are very noticeable; I doubt that I'd miss it or think it was
something else.

I know someone reclaiming an historic house derelict walled garden. The
Horse Radish held its own against pigs, pheasant pens, brambles, nettles
and other invasive weeds for more than half a century. Roots are as
thick as my arm and seem to go down to the Antipodes.

They have found several very old pear varieties and a mulberry tree too!

Incidentally anyone have any tips for dealing with well established
peach leaf curl on a century old (ie huge) peach tree?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown