Old 28-10-2011, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sheila Sheila is offline

Default Advice on turf please.

Hi, we have a small sheltered area, which used to be home to spirea which I
have now dug up, we are making a "secret garden" in there, we have enclosed
it with assorted tall shrubs, but want to lay a small amount of turf, to
make a leaf shape which will be in the middle of crazy paving. we will buy
max 8'x8' of turf,and play around with the pattern when its down. Question
is, is it too late in the year to lay the turf, any special precautions to
take before or after. North west, Formby, just south of Southport, 3miles
inland.sandy to fair soil.

Thanks.

Sheila.