Old 29-10-2011, 05:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Hot Pepper Insecticide

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

The Cook wrote:
Does anyone have the instructions for making the stuff. Right now I
have couple of cups of Jalapeno tops, seeds and some membranes and it
just occurred to me that they could be turned into an insecticide.
Also, how do you use it and on what?

I don't know if capsaisum (spelling?) is a good insecticide but I can tell
you how to extract it into water. Blend your seeds etc into a food
processor with just enough cheap vegetable oil to liquidise, blend until
smooth and liquid then leave over night. Dilute this with water including
enough detergent to emulsify the oil. If using a sprayer squeeze through a
cloth to remove larger solids. Wear gloves! I don't know what strength (if
any) acts as an insecticide so you may have to experiment. As others have
said it may be more use as an animal repellant.

David

OMG. Just google "chili pepper insecticide".
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis