Old 29-10-2011, 07:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default No hijacks here ........... bug repellent

On Oct 28, 3:28*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
In another thread, ......

Get a plug of "Days Work" tobacco, if you can find it in your area. *If not...

We had a big discussion on tobacco "cide" back in Feb to the same
basic end, specifically some felt one needs to label the product so
you do not drink it. The old Black Flag 40 myth was dispelled,as was
the myth of rubbing a cigarette on a rabbit's neck killed him. Here
is the relevant snip:

"The Colorado State link is general info on nicotine products with its
homepage below it
if you want further info. Just know nicotine is not the Antichrist's
power drink as outlined but use chewing tobacco. A common sense
approach to preparing and using any pesticide should be a sufficient
disclaimer.

http://npic.orst.edu/RMPP/rmpp_ch7.pdf
http://npic.orst.edu/

here are some easy to follow formularies to look over. One is
written for junior High School students by the University of Georgia
but still should answer your specific question:

http://mghc.org/2009/08/14/homemade-pesticides/

http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.co...esticides.html

http://apps.caes.uga.edu/sbof/main/l...ePesticide.pdf

Two notes; do not use nicotine products on tomatoes or peppers
because of the possible spread of the tobacco mosaic virus and know
the difference between soap and detergent."

here is another site for pesticides I have bookmarked you might like:
http://mghc.org/2009/08/14/homemade-pesticides/