Old 30-10-2011, 11:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Bulb newbie advice

gary lacey wrote:

Hi, we decided to plant some bulbs this year so we bought some bluebells
tulips and daffs from Wilkinsons. All the tulips and bluebell bulbs were
singular but some of the daff bulbs had the main bulb with two smaller
ones coming off of the sides. Is it possible to take the smaller ones
off and plant these on their own or would this be harmful to the main
bulb? If left on the main bulb would they also produce a flower? Any
tips or advice appreciated.

the smaller daffodil bulbs may or may not
flower, but i'd not break them off. they
look better when grown in clumps instead of
the lone daffodil.

after a few seasons you will have a large
enough clump to pull up and divide, by then
you can study what you need to do. it's
not that hard, no worries.

songbird