Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Seed Starting

Can you start seeds in Floral Block? The green stuff that they use in
arrangements to keep the stems wet. I am having a hard time finding a
medium for seed in my Aero Garden and I am too cheep to buy there
stuff. I have tried regular foam (off foam paint brushes), cotton
balls, another foam product that didn't hold enough water. I am trying
the block but I wondered if anyone else had done this. Thanks
MJ