Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Overwintering Pleione

My Pleione formosana are growing in clay pots. I have stopped watering
them and brought them indoors. Should I leave them as they are, rooted
in compost, or lift them all from the compost and store them loosely
within a tray of fresh dry compost? Also, should I (gently) break away
the old, yellowed backbulbs, or leave them to their own devices? The
old leaves are already starting to fall away, so they are no problem.

Secondary question: will the several tiny new pseudobulbs survive to
grow on next year, or will they shrivel too much to be of any use?

Thanks for your time and brain power.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London