Old 05-11-2011, 05:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Fragrant Indoor Plant

On 11/5/11 3:17 AM, fithawk wrote:
Hi. Firstly, I'm not sure that I have the right forum here, if not
apologies.

I am a Caretaker with a locked cupboard for most of the day....no
daylight. It can have a musty smell so I would like to put a fragrant
plant in there. Trouble is as I said, its dark pretty much most of the
time. Is there a plant out there that I could use? Thanks.

Instead of a plant -- which surely will not thrive in the dark -- try a
pomander or spice sachet. A Google search on either should result in
many "hits". For pomander, try
http://www.organic.org/articles/showarticle/article-161. For spice
sachet, try http://www.herbcompanion.com/health/spice-sachet-blend.aspx.

--