Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Fragrant Indoor Plant

fithawk wrote:
Hi. Firstly, I'm not sure that I have the right forum here, if not
apologies.

I am a Caretaker with a locked cupboard for most of the day....no
daylight. It can have a musty smell so I would like to put a fragrant
plant in there. Trouble is as I said, its dark pretty much most of the
time. Is there a plant out there that I could use? Thanks.

No plant will grow in the dark. Could you leave it under a light at least 8
hours a day? If so there are some that will grow in low light although this
excludes many that smell sweet from flowers as (generally) flowers take more
light than leaves.