Old 20-04-2003, 06:25 AM
linda mar

Default water cleared up.. but more green fluff.. what does this mean?

hi,

next time (when i do rip out the UGF) I'll go
canister, wth a nice flourite red (will cories be ok with flourite?

they're
kind of sharp and not rounded...)

It's not as big a job as you think. Some people have even done it with the

fish
still in the tank.

given the tank depth, it will be a pretty large job for me... (22" deep..
I'm rather vertically challenged, so...) sigh. next time :-)

Flourite Red. It's *too* red. Looks unnatural, IMHO. The regular

Flourite is
plenty red enough for me!

:-) they just remind me of the terra cotta pots... so they don't bother me
too much... I guess i'll probably mix the regular and red for some
variation...

oh. I guess Flourish doesn't add potassium? grrrr...

It does, but often it's not enough for a high-tech tank. Many of us

Flourish
users add Flourish Iron and Flourish Potassium as well as regular

Flourish.
IME, Flourish + Flourish Iron + Flourish Potassium = Tropica Mastergrow.

A cheaper and widely available alternative is Tetra Florapride, which is

mostly
iron and potassium. Flourish plus Tetra Florapride is a pretty complete

fert.

I guess I'll just finish the current flourite bottles, and then move on to
TMG... one bottle is much easier than juggling three.. (I'll probably
eventually do what you seem to do, what you posted earlier.. pre-mix
everything and just deal with one consolidated bottle to dose..)

linda

Leigh