Old 07-11-2011, 12:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default Pine nuts.

"phorbin" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
I ate a few pine nuts off my backyard tree. Two years in a row. No
big
deal. I found some in Giant Eagle a couple weeks ago. And put them
in
the car as a snack. A few days in a row I ate an ounce or so. No
problem.
Then I was looking at the package and saw it said must be boiled
first...
But I had already ate them and no problem. So I finished them off and
have
been sick for a week. But I'm mostly over it. Super chills, whole body
aches, diarrhea. heavy fatigue. I'm just wondering what type of
illness
comes from nuts... There's not much on the web.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...th/infectious-
diseases/articles/2011/10/31/health-buzz-wegmans-recalls-pine-nuts-over-
salmonella-concerns

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/1...nuts-outbreak-
with-revised-numbers/

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm278732.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/30/health...all/index.html

Could Giant Eagle have gotten the pine nuts from Sunrise Commodities?

Yea, I'm still sick. But I can eat a little. But thanks. I see a
couple of recalls. I'm looking for the container now.

Diesel.