Old 07-11-2011, 03:45 PM
**mechanic** **mechanic** is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper65 View Post
Hello Mechanic

just seen this reply! thankyou for the information abot the mower. I borrowed a small John Deere for a good while which has now gone back which leaves me useing the Honda 2218H again.

I replaced the drive belt which seemed to help a small amount but still hasn't cured the problem, my next move is to check the oil in the Hydro pump which Unfortunatley I can't seem to find the drain or top up bolt? I have looked at the rear of the Hydro caseing and can't find anything that resemble a fill plug or a drain plug below?

the mower still slips when in drive and somtimes slows to a snails pace expecially when hot and after pulling up a Hill? the funny thing is if I then reverse the mower the hydro system works perfect and it pulls like a train, after being in reverse if I then go forward it works perfect again for a small amount of time.

any advice would be much apreciated.

Jasper
Hi again Jasper,

Your Hydro box has had it! It now comes down to which version of the Honda HF2218H you have. Find the chassis numbers - if yours is an HF2218H K1 you've had it.... the gearbox is only available as a complete unit at over £1000 but if you have an HF2218H K2 there IS a Header Tank for topping up fluid levels and all internal parts are available which means it can be repaired.

Hope this helps a little more