Old 08-11-2011, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default FALL COLOR

On Nov 8, 8:56*am, Frank wrote:
On 11/7/2011 3:47 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 10:38:11 -0500, Frank
*wrote:

On 11/6/2011 8:45 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Nowhere beats Catskills for fall color.

Beautiful birch:
http://i40.tinypic.com/68y5q8.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2hehx09.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/28mmxau.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/250pe2c.jpg

Norway maple:
http://i42.tinypic.com/15gw42a.jpg

Flowering pear:
http://i42.tinypic.com/aww1n9.jpg

Now yoose know why it's named red maple:
http://i39.tinypic.com/351tu90.jpg

Again, nice pics.
Tempered by my having to remove fall color from my lawn

Mine just blow away... nyaaa, nyaaa.

Chinese chestnuts and a magnolia are my problem trees. *Big leaves that
have to be removed or mulched. *Dogwoods and the like have small leaves
which are not a problem. *I live on a hill and most blow down hill but
not these.

Magnolia is a particular PITA as in the spring when flowers come down
they too must be removed or they smother the lawn. Chestnuts have those
thorny husks. *Fortunately in back yard, I can leave most. *Wish I had
known these things when I planted them.

My Neighbors Magnolias are PITA and somehow that they aren't mine
makes it worse. As for "going home " , we go quite often but somehow I
miss the leaves every fall. Here we live on a lake full of Geese,
Comerance, and Coots. The woods are full of all kinds of things not so
harmless.
MJ