Old 08-11-2011, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Polygala myrtifolia

I had the hybrid P. x dalmaisiana growing here for several years. So
well in fact that I had to shift it, which proved to be a fatal move.
They don't like being disturbed once established. After a couple of
years settling in, it was almost constantly in flower and the bright
magenta against the blue-green leaves was a very telling combination.
The green leaved myrtifolia is widely used for low hedging in Cyprus
where it seems to withstand inordinate butchery and yet continues to
flower freely.