Old 09-11-2011, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default 2 trees ID

On Nov 9, 1:49*pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Ragnar
writes

"NT" wrote in message
Hoping for ID on these two...
http://i42.tinypic.com/34nldzs.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/33ab1i9.jpg

The first looks like ash, but the leaves are wrong.

The 2nd I havent a clue what it is. I plucked some of the flowery
processes off to peek inside, as is shown. The pic was taken a day
after picking, and the light green fruity thing in the centre is going
brown in the pic.

fingers crossed, NT

The first is an Acer. Can not tell which speices from the single leaf shown.
The second is the fruit of Plane (Platanus x acerifolia is most common
species)
R.

You beat me to it. The original poster should note that the samaras
(keys) of maples (Acer) are in pairs, rather single as in ashes
(Fraxinus).

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley- Hide quoted text -

I know its a Maple, but think Sycamore for 1