Old 10-11-2011, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default More B..... Rain

On Nov 9, 5:57*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
Just when I had got going lifting the dahlias and the soil was drying
out to make the job almost possible we are having more heavy rain with
more forecast for tomorrow.
I'm already finding rot in quite a few tubers, this is just what I
don't want.
David

Well today started bright and sunny and the temp has gone up to 58f in
the shade, quite a bit more in the sun out the field, got to feel hot
lifting dahlias, some so wet the soil is clinging , othere not to bad,
better than I expected after an inch of rain yesterday, but then this
is the wet end of Swansea bay.
David