Old 10-11-2011, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default allotments

kay wrote:
-changes in terms of the agreement are being planned by 32 Councils and
considered by 12 more, eg to avoid compensation on termination of
tenancy, Tameside (Greater Manchester) now stipulates no "(a) standard
or other fruit trees permanently set out; (b) fruit bushes (c)
strawberry plants; (d) asparagus, rhubarb, and other vegetable crops
which continue productive for two or more years." ... which really does
cut down on the usefulness of having an allotment.

We have to apply for permission to grow fruit trees, but as far as I know,
no-one has actually been denied permission.