Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"kay" wrote ...[color=blue][i]

You are supposed to ask about fruit trees and sheds but they normally allow
them. No stipulation on permanent planting of fruit although I can see why
it's done as we were shoved off our last site to make way for a Town Park
and some of the people claimed a lot of compensation for their permanent
fruit and asparagus. Claimed for every single plant when most were
propagated by them or presents from other allotment holders ie. they cost
them nothing.
It may have cost them nothing in money (though a lot in care an attention), but it would cost a lot to replace the level of crop that they are now providing. For example, one of my apple trees is now providing a reliable 100lbs fruit a year. I'd certainly not be pleased at receiving compensation of the £20 that it'd cost me to buy a replacement young tree.